Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's been a rough day....

Today was a difficult day...going back to work after a four day weekend is always difficult. On top of that I had two interviews for two different jobs today on top of completing all of my regular duties! So yeah...just a bit of stress.

Finally at 5:30 my work day ended and I rushed home to change and headed to my pole class. It was like walking into my own sanctuary where I could be the sexy curvy woman that I am and leave all the troubles of my day behind. When I am in that dark room with the velvet curtains no one can bother me, no one judges me I get to feel good just doing what I do.

That being said, tonights class was a challenge for me. We are actually learning choreography now which is interesting and difficult at the same time. I am adding more moves to my repertoire and feeling more and more comfortable with my free dance time. It feels great!

Also, tonight after pole I took a stretching class for the first time. When I think of a stretching class I think of something slow and relaxed...this class was definitely not what I thought it would be. We started with a warm up and then proceeded to get into stretching postures and hold them for up to 60 seconds. This may sound easy but it is EXTREMELY challenging. My body feels very stretched and very sore now.

I will be taking a couple of days off because I have other obligations this week so hopefully my body will have time to relax and heal from all the sore muscles and bruises and then on Friday I start all over again!!!!

I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment